The 5 S's of Kaizen Poster
- Full color poster
- Size: 22 X 28
- Printed on photo-quality paper for durability
- UV-protection coating available for enahnced fade-resistance and longer life
- Poster hangers available for proper hanging posture and enhanced image protection
5S is the foundation of continuous improvement activities. The poster summarizes and defines the 5 S's all together. We have included both versions of the 5S terminology that are generally accepted throughout the industry. This poster will improve your effectiveness as a facilitator and serve as a beacon to sustaining Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Sort - "Sorting is a step that involves selecting what you need to complete the job and removing everything else from your work area."
- Set In Order / Straighten - "This step customizes your workstation and surrounding area to meet your work area needs. Arrange remaining items so they are easy to select, use, and return to their proper location."
- Shine / Sweep - "This step is powerful because its purpose is to find the reason why things become dirty. Emphasis is on the removal of dust, dirt, and grime to reveal the source and eliminate it."
- Standardize - "This step creates a work area free of checklists; if good standards are put in place it will be easier to maintain and continue improving."
- Sustain - "Sustaining is the end result of how well we have performed the previous four S’s. In the sustainability stage, think of ways to eliminate effort in maintaining an area."